CPI Approval for SaS authorization
Before following this guide, have your Outdoor Small Cell installed in an outdoor location. It is recommended to have the Small Cell as high as possible (minimum requirement - 20ft) with the antenna facing an open line of sight. CBRS signals have less range compared to LoRa signals. Obstructions such as buildings and trees will weaken the broadcasted signal.
* It is highly recommended that the Small Cell is facing a direction that is densely populated. You will want the desired location to be areas where people will often be on their phones
(ex. parks, shopping centers, and schools).
To begin using your Outdoor Small Cell, you must complete the CPI flow and receive approval.
You will be required to provide the following information:
- Street Address of Installation
- Azimuth Angle
- Elevation Angle
If you have not yet documented the above information, here is a guide on how to do so.
Step 1 - Radio Dashboard
- Using a device on the same network as your FreedomFi Gateway, access the Small Cell dashboard using http://freedomfi-gateway.local/.
- Select “Radio Dashboard”
- Select “Update Radio Registration”
Step 2 - Radio Registration
- Fill out the fields in the Radio Registration screen.
- Make sure your Antenna Installation Parameters are accurate.
- Select “Next” to continue.
Step 3 - Radio Installation Images
- Follow the instructions on the screen to upload the required Height, Azimuth, and Elevation photos.
- Provide at least 2-4 photos of height.
- Provide at least 1 photo of azimuth angle.
- Provide at least 1 photo of elevation angle.
- Select “Submit” to continue.
Step 4 - Finish
After uploading your photos you will be finished with the CPI flow. You will be notified via email with the status of your submission within 3 days.
Expect to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
After receiving approval and registering your Small Cell, verify that the registration is approved and all the statuses are green. If your dashboard matches the example below then your Small Cell is properly set up!